Thursday, June 23, 2011

     I spent Mother's Day with my daughter in California.  Since I don't fly, I took the bus from Ohio to California.  What a nightmare.  Never again.  Cramped seating and rude drivers were only the beginning.  I didn't know you had to bring your own food if you wanted to eat.  The few terminals we stopped at had only vending machines with chips and candy bars.  Most stops there was nothing available.  One stop was at a country crossroads with only a barn in sight. 

     Anyway, the visit was pleasant.  My daughter has been trying to talk me into moving there, but I don't see that happening.  I really wasn't impressed with the L.A. area.  

     I was there over Mother's Day, and my grandson Nathan, who is 8, gave his mother a decorated bag filled with items he had made in school.  I thought the drawing was so cute, I decided to make a small wallhanging of it.  My daughter scanned it into her computer then e-mailed it to me.  I transferred it to my graphics program for resizing and  divided it into four sections, then printed it onto those Cotton sheets made for inkjet printing.  Ain't modern technology wonderful?  I think it turned out pretty well.  Since this one turned out to be pretty easy to do, I guess I'll start on the one for my oldest daughter.  Unfortunately, she wants one 5 foot by 5 foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment